In many areas, our participation in the OpenStack community is no secret.
- StackHPC are members of the OpenStack Foundation's Baremetal program, which we announced here.
- Our CTO Stig Telfer is co-chair of the OpenStack Scientific SIG, and lead author of the OpenStack Foundation's book on OpenStack for Scientific Research.
- Our team includes PTLs for Kolla and Blazar, and core team members for Nova, Ironic, Magnum and Monasca.
- Our contributions to the code base are visible in Stackalytics
- We've even been in the opening keynote at the Barcelona summit.
One area we haven't focussed on is our commercial representation within the OpenStack Foundation. As described here, StackHPC works with clients to solve challenging problems with cloud infrastructure. Our business has been won through word of mouth.
Now our services can also be found in the OpenStack Marketplace.
John Taylor, StackHPC's co-founder and CEO, adds:
We are pleased to announce our OpenStack Foundation membership and inclusion in the OpenStack Marketplace. Our success in driving the HPC and Research Computing use-case in cloud has been in no small part coupled to working closely with the OpenStack Foundation and the open community it fosters. The era of hybrid cloud and the emergence of converged AI/HPC infrastructure and coupled workflows is now upon us, driving the need for architectures that seamlessly transition across these resources while not compromising on performance. We look forward to continuing our partnership with OpenStack through the Scientific SIG and to active participation within OpenStack projects.